If your phone doesn’t boot normally and it’s just starting and starting and nothing happens, or it’s starting and shutting down and starting again-chances re, you’re in a bootloop. Boot loops are the result of system files not knowing how to function during the initial start-up phase and can be caused by a variety of things, from downloading new apps to accidentally changing system files. This post will guide you on the bootloop solution for Cherry Mobile Flare S3. It is also applicable for any softbricked or dead Flare S3 caused by ROM flashing failures.
How to solve bootloop, revive a dead / softbricked Cherry Mobile Flare S3
Do it at your own risk! If your not confident about this tutorial, just bring your device to a nearest service center. If you have decided to go on, make sure you have a 50% battery charge.
Follow the procedure carefully. This process needs a Windows computer and a compatible data cable.
1. Download the necessary files below.
2. Turn off your phone and take out the battery.
3. Extract the contents of !Files_to_FlashTool.rar to a preferred location on your computer.
4. Extract the SP Flash Tool content to your preferred location.
If your computer does not detect your phone, go to My Computer>Right Click>Properties>Device Manager. Your MTK device will appear at the device manager’s tree. Once you saw your MTK device, right click on it then uninstall. After the removal is completed, reinsert again your Flare S3 to your computer then install the MTK 65XX Preloader Driver.
How to install the MTK 65XX Preloader Driver:
- Extract “MTK 65xx Preloader Driver” to desktop then go to Computer>Right click>Properties>Device Manager
- Turn off your phone and remove the battery
- Connect the phone while battery is still out through data cable and after 2-3 sec insert the battery, now the computer will search for the driver.
- Go back to Device Manager, you will see “mtk65xx preloader”>Right Click>Update manually then search for driver manually.
- Locate the extract file on you desktop “MTK 65xx Preloader Driver”>Next>Computer will search for the driver.
How to flash ROM using SPFT
1. Open SP flash Tools folder where you extracted the zip file then run Flash_tool.exe
2. Click on Scatter-loading
3. A navigation window will appear. Navigate to the extracted folder.
4. Click on ‘MT6582_Android_scatter_emmc.txt’
5. Make sure all are ticked automatically.
6. Click on Download (on the upper part), if download won’t work click firmware upgrade
7. Connect the phone while battery is still out using a data cable and after 2-3 sec insert the battery , the process will start.
8. Wait and done.(Download Ok)
9. Close SP Flash Tools, remove device from computer
10. Remove the battery
11. Then reboot your phone thru recovery (Push vol up+power…wait, choose recovery then vol down)
12. Wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik and wipe data factory reset
13. Then reboot your phone.
Your Cherry Mobile Flare S3 is no longer an expensive paperweight. 😀 Congratulations!
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root Cherry Mobile Flare XL Plus - April 30, 2017
- 5 Best Android Smartphones Below 5K Php Today (Mid 2017) - April 30, 2017
- Look! Asus ZenFone Zoom 128GB now only 10,999.00 at Lazada! - April 28, 2017