In this guide, we will try to root TCL P561U Android smartphone using the most effective way possible. We will try to obtain root access by installing a custom recovery called TWRP to flash the SuperSu.
We know TCL as a China-based company that designs, manufactures and sells LCD television sets, air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators and small electrical appliances. But did you know that they are also engaged in making Android mobile phones? The Alcatel OneTouch is one example of mobile phone brand under the TCL wing.
The TCL P561U is a dual-SIM smartphone powered a 1.0 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6735P processor and ARM Mali-T720 MP4 GPU coupled with 2 GB of RAM. This CPU, GPU and RAM bundle makes all processes work smoothly with blazing fast speeds compared with other phones under its price point. Here are the specifications of this budget smartphone from TCL.
[wpsm_comparison_table id=”1″ class=”center-table-align”]
This guide on how to install TWRP and root TCL P561U is for educational purposes only. We are not responsible for any damage or loss of data while using this tutorial. If you proceed on rooting your device, you’re waiving all the TCL warranties. Do it at your own risk! Please read our site’s terms and conditions before proceeding.
How to Root TCL P561U
Before we start, please download all the needed files from the links below. You’ll need a Windows computer and a standard USB cable for this rooting tutorial. Please follow the procedure carefully.
- Download and install the USB VCOM Drivers to your Windows machine.
- Get the TCL P561U Root files and extract the file archive to your desktop.
- On the root tools folder, look for the ADB Drivers Windows installer and launch it as administrator.
- Copy the SR5-SuperSu zip file to the root of your SD card.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock on the developer’s options.
- Go to the root tools folder and find run-adb application file and run it as administrator.
- On the command prompt, run this command to boot the device into bootloader mode:Code:
adb reboot bootloader
When the device finished booting to bootloader mode, type and run this command:Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
This command will initiate the flashing of TWRP.
- After successfully flashing the custom recovery, run this final command on the console:Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img
Your device will now boot into recovery mode.
Rooting the TCL P561U
You now have the TWRP and successfully finished the hard part of this tutorial. We will now flash the SuperSu application using the TWRP. Please follow the instructions below.
- Once inside the TWRP recovery interface, swipe to allow the modifications to the system suggested by the initial screen of TWRP.
- Create a Nandroid backup using TWRP backup option. Just restore the backup using TWRP if you encountered any problems. This will be your safety net once things don’t go as planned.
- After securing a backup of the system and data, go back to the main menu of TWRP.
- Tap Install tab and navigate to your SD card and find the SR5-SuperSu.zip file that you’ve copied earlier. Swipe to confirm flash as shown on the image below.
- If TWRP asks you if you want to install the official TWRP app and install SuperSu, tap Do not Install.
- Reboot your device into normal mode. After rebooting, go to the app drawer, find the SuperSu app and lunch the application.
- Update the SU Binaries by choosing the TWRP/CWM option.
Congratulations! You now have root access on your TCL P561U. Please like us on Facebook or share this post if we were able to solve your rooting problems. Thank you and enjoy your rooted device.