Most of the time, there’s a tendency that we encountered errors when doing system tweaks on the settings of our phones. This may cause annoying errors when updating the firmware when using manual method or Over-The- Air software updates. Some are caused by installing apps like Lucky Patcher or Xposed Framework. Today, we will discuss a method to get over that bothersome errors. I hope this simple tutorial will help you get back those smooth and hassle-free firmware updates.
Use this tutorial at your own risk! I’m not responsible for any bricked device or loss of important data when doing the process. Please see our disclaimer policy for more information.
List of items that you need:
The content is hidden by default. Please Like, +1 or Tweet to reveal it. Help us promote this page.
1. Zenfone with ROOT Access
2. Root Explorer installed (I used FX File Explorer with Root access)
3. Latest firmware that you want to update (e.i. Kitkat update)
4. PC that can detect your phone’s internal memory
Instructions on how to fix error when updating Zenfone firmware:
1. Once you downloaded the firmware that you want to update, using your PC, open it with WinRar or Winzip.
2. Navigate to the “System/Framework” folder and find the following files:
3. Drag/extract them to your Desktop.
4. Connect your Asus Zenfone to the Windows computer using a compatible data cable.
5. Copy the extracted files to the internal memory/storage of your phone.
6. Once copied, use the Root Explorer of your phone and navigate to the “/System/Framework”
7. Delete the core.odex, core.jar, services.jar and services.odex. These files are already patched by Xposed Framework/Lucky Patcher and won’t let the system to update.
8. After deleting, move the files that you extracted to the same directory (System/Framework).
9. Change the permission of these files to rw-r- – r- –
10. Once done, try to update your phone either by OTA, manually (via internal storage or ADB sideload).
For manually updating your Zenfone, please read:
Note: If you are successful, your root access will be removed. Try to reboot again to check if you have root access. If not, root again by using the PC method.
Credits to Mr. Rob Camaing Jr. of ASUS Zenfone Philippines Community Facebook group.
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root Cherry Mobile Flare XL Plus - April 30, 2017
- 5 Best Android Smartphones Below 5K Php Today (Mid 2017) - April 30, 2017
- Look! Asus ZenFone Zoom 128GB now only 10,999.00 at Lazada! - April 28, 2017