Updating to the latest operating system on our smartphones is very exciting. The new features and new interface make us want the latest release of Android for our device. So, you updated your Zenfone 4, 5 or 6 smartphone to Android Kitkat but due to the numerous bugs, you want to revert to the former firmware. In this article, I’ll teach you how to downgrade Asus Zenfone 5 (4 or 6) from Android Kitkat to Jellybean.
Disclaimer: Do this at your own risk! I’m not responsible for any damages or bricked devices that may arise during the process.
You need the following tools and software to downgrade your firmware:
Downgrade Asus Zenfone from Kitkat to Jellybean
If you only want to downgrade your Zenfone 5 or 6 to Jellybean because you have troubles rooting the Kitkat, you can also read this. How to Root Asus Zenfone 5 / 6 Running in Kitkat
Follow the procedures carefully including the renaming of necessary files.
- Download Intel USB Driver for Android and install it on your PC.
- Download and extract ADB Fastboot Tool
- Download recovery image for your device and copy it to ADB folder. Rename it to file.img
- Download Android 4.3 Jellybean firmware for your phone. Extract it and rename it to file.zip. Copy the file to the ADB folder.
- Enable the USB debugging option. Go to Settings> About> Software Information> and tap the build number 7 times to reveal the developer option.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a compatible data cable.
- Open ADB folder and Open Command Prompt ( Shift+right click> Open command here )
- Type the following: adb reboot bootloader
- The phone will automatically reboot and go to DroidBoot then type in the command prompt: fastboot flash recovery file.img
- After a successful entry into the recovery mode of your Zenfone, select Recovery in Droidboot then press the Volume – and + simultaneously.
- Upon entry into Recovery, select Update from ADB
- In a windows command prompt type: adb sideload file.zip
- Type the following: adb sideload file.zip and wait until flashing is complete.
- Wait until the flashing process is complete and select wipe data and cache wipe in Zenfone recovery.
- Reboot your phone and your finished!
Your Asus Zenfone 4, 5 or 6 smartphone is now back to Jellybean! If you managed to soft bricked your Asus Zenfone 5, here’s the bootloop solution for Asus Zenfone 5
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root RePad 8 / FNF iFive Mini 4S - May 5, 2017
- Easy Steps to Root TCL P561U Successfully - May 5, 2017
- Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini 2016 SM-J105B - May 4, 2017