This article is for those who bricked their Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G. There are many reasons why you get the Redmi Nite 4G bricked. One is flashing wrong Recovery image or fastboot rom and the device got disconnected on the middle of fasboot flashing. The symptoms of having a bricked devices can be observed when there’s no charging LED indication, the device won’t boot up, cannot enter fastboot / recovery and cannot be detected by a computer. These symptoms are caused by corrupted partition table (mainly bootloader) and recovery partition. In this post, we’ll discuss the way how to fix a dead Redmi Note 4G and bring it back to life. Read on.
How to Revive a dead Redmi Note 4G LTE
Do it at your own risk! I’m not responsible for any damage while using this tutorial. Please see our disclaimer policy for more information.
Please follow the directions carefully.
- a small wire , with two ends (a thin small wire (copper))
- Windows operating system (Windows 7 recommended)
- Press F8 and disabled windows driver signature verification while booting windows (SKIP IF USING WIN “XP”)
Download the necessary files below.
Assuming that your Windows is booted with driver signature disabled and ready with a small wire, let’s start with the main process of unbricking.
1. Disconnect / remove the battery connector , remove the sim and look at the two small holes at the LTE sim card slot. Gently scratch the protective layer above those two holes ( it may be plastic or paper protected ) check image below.
2. Now , take the small wire and insert the two ends of the wire into the two small hole present at the sim card slot [LTE ONLY]. Make sure that the both ends of the wire connects /touches the two golden round (TEST POINTS). Ensure that it stays there until the device is unbricked.
3. Now open Miflash , click on browse button. Select advanced
4. Select ONLY “FLASH ALL.BAT” (for complete new system) or “Except DATA STORAGE.BAT” (for saving the user DATA) —[ BETTER DO FLASH ALL ] from the extracted FASTBOOT ROM , in FASTBOOT SCRIPT OPTION.
5. Now leave the second option BLANK [ Nv boot script – we dont need to fill it ].
6. Browse and select proper files from image inside fastboot rom folder folder for MSIMAGE.MBN , MPRG.MBN , RAW0 programming.XML and Patch0.xml in appropriate options.
7. Connect the device to pc (with the wire inserted in small holes and battery removed ).
8. Drivers will install , let them finish.
9. Press refresh On Mi flash , if you get a device as anything “0” or “324ehvh2” or just COM # — JUST PRESS FLASH BUTTON
10. The phone is now being flashed , after operation completed , remove the wire , connect the battery , assemble phone and boot (if mi logo come your phone is fixed )(if battery discharged it will not boot – put it on charge if red led blinks – it means phone fixed).
- If some driver fails during installation or you dont see any device on miflash , check device manager for any driver not installed properly and install it manually and browse the driver from /programfile/xiaomi/miflash/qualcomm/ “here” .
- If miflash gives some error like reached end of fie, receive Hello packets, give the PC a reboot , but be sure to again press F8 and disable driver detection , also sometimes Windows versions above 7 gives issues so , u can try changing to other pc as well
- If you cannot detect any new hardware device installation or no device on miflash , make sure the wire are connected well in side the hole and the protective layer over the test point PLASTIC OR PAPER IS REMOVED BY SCRATCHING IT GENTLY …and do the above explained process
- If you face any problem with driver installation – make sure you disabled driver signature detection while booting windows by pressing F8.
Credits to magdag for the tutorial. Original article can be found here.