Launched together with its little brothers Zenfone 4 and 5, the Asus Zenfone 6 is the biggest among them with 166.9 x 84.3 x 9.9mm dimension. Also known as A600CG , the Zenfone 6 is powered by a 1.6 Ghz dual core Intel Atom Z2560 processor with HyperThreading Technology, PowerVR SGX544 MP2 GPU and a 2GB Random Access Memory. With these hardware, it can easily reach the 23,000 Antutu benchmark score and give users the best gaming experience.
It brags a 6-inch IPS 1280 x 720 with 247 ppi density display made with the scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The Asus Zenfone 6’s shooter is a 13-megapixel f/2.0 PixelMaster® camera, a unique Asus-developed technology that combines software, hardware and optical design to deliver incredible image quality. Internal storage capacity is at 16 GB and supports SD expansion up to 64 GB.
The powerhouse is a large, non-removable 3,300 mAh Lithium-based battery. With Ultra-saving mode, it can do a continuous video playback for almost 9 hours. it is really very impressive.
The Asus Zenfone 6 runs on the ZenUI on top of Android 4.3 Jellybean out if the box and can be upgraded to Kitkat via OTA. It also supports dual-SIM standby and 3G/HSPA+ connectivity .
Why Root Asus Zenfone 6 Kitkat?
Rooting means you are getting the superuser capability on your smartphone running the Android operating system. Once you have root access on your device, you will now be able to:
- Remove all the bloatware that comes with your Zenfone 6 out of the box.
- Increased your battery life and free up some RAM by Greenifying autorun apps.
- Customized your device the way you want it to be using different third-party apps requiring root access.
How to Root Asus Zenfone 6 Kitkat
After updating Zenfone 6 to Kitkat, you’ll lose your root access. If you’re not satisfied with the new update, try to downgrade Asus Zenfone 6 Kitkat to Jellybean.
You can also root Asus Zenfone 5 Kitkat using these steps. Just follow carefully.
Disclaimer: Do it at your own risk! I’m not responsible for any damage or bricked device that may happen during the process.
1. Download the necessary files from the links below. Just Like, Tweet or +1 to reveal the content.
2. Extract the contents of Asus Zenfone 6 Root package to your computer.
You can also read: Update Zenfone 6 to Kitkat
3. Download and install Intel USB driver for Android from the link above.
4. Connect the phone to the computer (make sure to enable USB debugging option first).Go to the root package folder that you extracted earlier and click CheckBeforeAction.bat . If you have any Android emulator installed on your computer, turn it off because it may affect the root program.
5. It will first install the ASUS Android Composite ADB Interface. Make sure you have installed the Intel USB driver earlier or the installation screen will appear.
6. After installation,check if it is successful. Go to the device manager of your PC to check if ASUS Android Composite ADB Interface was properly installed.
7. Phone then reboot into the bootloader, then will install a driver. Go to the device manager and check if the ASUS Android Bootloader is there.
When these two drivers successfully installed on your computer, go to the Asus Zenfone root package folder and click Root-ZenFone6-en batch file then follow the instructions to start the root program. Your device will now boot for about 6 times. When finished, click EnterShell batch file to check if the rooting process is successful then a command prompt will pop-up. Type su and press Enter. There will be a pop-up message informing you successfully root Asus Zenfone 6 running on Kitkat.
Credits to Twenty-Three Pin blog for this tutorial.