Cherry Mobile is a Filipino mobile phone and electronics company founded by Maynard Ngu in 2008. Operated by Cosmic Technologies Incorporated, the company buys mobile phones manufactured in China, rebrands and market them here. Cherry Mobile is known to be agrresive in pricing their devices. One of their releases, the Cherry Mobile Flare S3, dubbed as “Phablet ng Bayan” literally translated as Phablet of the Town retails only at P3,999.00. The question is, is this phablet worth your money? Let’s find out.
The Cherry Mobile Flare S3 is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor and Mali-400MP GPU partnered with 1 GB of RAM, decent enough to propel the device to 17,900 Antutu score. With Android 4.4 Kitkat running out of the box, this device can give fast and fluid performance that rival those phones with a higher price point.
The Flare S3 sports a 13 megapixel BSI rear camera equipped with LED flash and a 3 megapixel camera at the front. It comes with a 1980 mAh user-removable battery dual-SIM, dual standby support, 3g HSPA+ connectivity, Bluetooth, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and GPS features. You can stack up games, apps, music, pictures and videos with its 8 GB internal storage that supports expansion up to 64 GB via micro SD card.
It may be not be the best smartphone out there, but with the decent specs, build quality and a price that will not burn any pocket, this is a good deal and definitely worth your money.
Why root the Cherry Mobile Flare S3?
Rooting your Flare S3 device means giving yourself ‘root’, or admin rights. With root access, you are able to edit system files which, normally, wouldn’t be accessible to normal users. You can easily make complete backup, flash custom ROMs, install Xpose for more customization and perform tweaks to improve performance and battery life.
How to root Cherry Mobile Flare S3?
You may also read: How to Root Cherry Mobile Flare S3 using CWM
We will root the Cherry Mobile Flare S3 running on Android 4.4 Kitkat using PC. Please follow the procedures carefully.
Rooting your Android phone voids all your manufacturer’s warranties. Do it at your own risk! I’m not responsible for any loss of data or a bricked phone when anything goes wrong. Please read our disclaimer policy for more information.
1. Activate USB debugging on your device. Go to Settings then scroll down to the bottom> About Phone > Built Number (Tap on it for 5-8 times) to reveal the Developer option. From it, you can activate the USB debugging.
2. Download the files below. The links are hidden by default. Like, Tweet or +1 to reveal the content.
[symple_button url=”http://www.datafilehost.com/d/b7ff7524″ color=”blue” size=”medium” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”nofollow” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download Drivers[/symple_button]
[symple_button url=”http://howtorootmy.com/uploads/VRoot_184.108.40.20663_english_cid1005_7337ba1e_89.exe” color=”blue” size=”default” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download Vroot[/symple_button]
[symple_button url=”http://howtorootmy.com/uploads/RootGenius_en.exe” color=”blue” size=”medium” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download Root Genius[/symple_button]
3. Install the necessary drivers to your Windows computer.
4. Install and launch VRoot. Once VRoot Application is launched, connect your Android device to the computer using a data cable.
5. Once your Cherry Mobile Flare S3 is connected successfully to the computer, VRoot will automatically detect your smartphone.
6. Now, Click on the “Root” button to begin the rooting process.
7. Now, VRoot will automatically reboot your device and install the SuperSU application.
8. Exit the application but do not disconnect your phone from the computer.
9. Install Root Genius to your Windows computer.
3. Launch the application, Root Genius will automatically detect your device.
5. Click the Root now or root it button to begin.
6. It will start the rooting procedure and will install the Kinguser application on your device.
7. Wait until the app finished installation. Disconnect your device from the PC and reboot.
Go to your app drawer and find the Kinguser app. You now have a rooted phone! Download Root Checker from the Playstore to confirm.
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root Cherry Mobile Flare XL Plus - April 30, 2017
- 5 Best Android Smartphones Below 5K Php Today (Mid 2017) - April 30, 2017
- Look! Asus ZenFone Zoom 128GB now only 10,999.00 at Lazada! - April 28, 2017