The Cherry Mobile Flare S4 is one of Cherry Mobile’s best smartphone in terms of build quality with an impressive specs. Made with a good metal frame and a plastic back, the device sports a 5-inch HD IPS LCD display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution to give users bright, vivid and good viewing angles. It is powered by a 1.3GHz octa-core Mediatek MT6753 processor and 2GB RAM for seamless multitasking. The phone packs 16 GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32 GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Cherry Mobile Flare S4 is equipped with a 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash and a 5 megapixel front facing camera for selfies. For connectivity, it features a dual-SIM support, GPS, A-GPS, 4G/LTE, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. With its very impressive specs, the only drawback is the small 2,200 mAh battery that can’t last you a full day while using LTE and WiFi.
How to Root Cherry Mobile Flare S4
Rooting your Cherry Mobile Flare S4 will open your device to customization and performance tweaks. While rooting Android is a safe process, it will void all the manufacturer’s warranties. Do it at your own risk!
Please follow all the instructions carefully. Here are the prerequisite before proceeding to the rooting process:
- Your device is powered with at least 50% battery level.
- A PC or laptop with Windows OS.
- A working USB cable.
Download all files needed from the link below. Just follow the on screen instructions during installation.
Before rooting the device, we must first unlock the bootloader. Follow the instructions below on how to unlock the bootloader of Cherry Mobile Flare S4.
- Install the ADB driver and VCOM driver to your Windows PC or laptop.
- Extract the CM Flare S4 root.zip file to desktop.
- Activate OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging of the device. Go to Settings>About Phone> Tap the build number 7x to unlock the Developer Option. From there, you can switch on OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Turn off your device.
- Enter Fastboot mode by pressing Volume up and Power button simultaneously. Choose Fastboot mode or boot into bootloader.
- Connect the device to PC using a USB cable.
- Go to Fastboot folder extracted from the downloaded file and right click Run Me.bat file and run as administrator.
- Type this command:
fastboot oem unlock (press Enter)
Wait for the ADB to successfully unlock the bootloader. It will erase all your files and restore the device to its factory condition.
Rooting the Cherry Mobile Flare S4
- Enable installation of apps from Unknown sources in your device by following this path: Settings -> Security -> Device Administration -> Unknown Sources.
- Download the KingRoot APK file from the link above. Click the APK file then follow the on-screen instructions to install.
- Once KingRoot is installed on your device, open up the application. Now, you will see the message “Root access is unavailable“. Just click on “Try to Root” blue button in the same screen to begin the rooting procedure.
- Once the rooting process is over, your Cherry Mobile Flare S4 will be successfully rooted. You will also get the message “Root Successfully” in the KingRoot app. Restart your device.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Cherry Mobile Flare S4 using KingRoot android application. For confirmation, use the Root Checker app from Google Play store to check if the root process is really successful.