The Asus Fonepad 7 FE170CG is driven by a 1.2GHz Intel Atom Z2520 dual-core CPU and PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU coupled with 1 GB of memory. The internal storage has 4 GB capacity but supports micro SD expansion up to 64 GB. The FE170CG supports dual sim (dual standby), GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 and HSPA+ connectivity. The powerhouse is a large 3,950 mAh battery, enough juice to propel the device for hours of usage on 3G. The major drawback of the FE170CG is the low-resolution 7.0-inch WSVGA (1024 x 600) LCD screen, the 2.0 MP rear shooter and the 0.3 MP front facing camera but with a price tag like that, I’m sure you can live with it.
How to root Fonepad 7 FE170CG (K012) Kitkat
[box type=”warning” ]Rooting your device will void all warranties. Do it at your own risk. I’m not responsible for any bricked device or loss of data.[/box]
Please follow the procedure carefully.
1. Download rooting app from the link below.
2. Transfer the apk file to your device using Bluetooth® or using the compatible USB data cable.
3. On your device, go to Menu> Settings> Security and enable the “Unknown Sources” option.
4. Using any file manager, locate the apk file in your directory and tap to start installing.
[box type=”note” ]After installing the app, turn off bluetooth, mobile data and wifi then turn on airplane mode. – credits to Mr. JP Concepcion[/box]
5. Launch the app when the installation is completed and select Supersu ( by Chainfire).
6. Click “Ok I know, please root” option
7. Sit back and relax because it is already done!
Download root checker apps from Play Store to confirm of the root is successful. Enjoy!