Tha Kata i3S is a successor of Kata’s 2013 model i3 designed to compete with the middle-end phone market. It has a 5-inch HD display, 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of ROM and powered by a 1.3 GHz Mediatek MTK6582 quad-core CPU. With a retail price of 6,499 Php, you can never go wrong with it’s new face, new look and with few improvements under the hood.
How to Root Kata i3S Kitkat Version
Rooting your Kata i3S will void all the manufacturer’s warranties. Do it at your own risk! I’m not responsible for any loss of data or a bricked phone when anything goes wrong. Please read our disclaimer policy for more information.
- A working micro-USB data cable
- Windows laptop or desktop
- Your Kata i3S phone running on Android Kitkat
Please follow all the procedures carefully.
1. Download the file from the link below and install it on your computer. Follow setup instructions then run the program.The link is hidden by default. Please Like, +1 or Tweet to reveal the content.
2. On your phone, go to Settings>Developer Options then activate USB Debugging mode.
3. Connect your phone to the computer using the data cable.
4. Once the root program recognized your device, click Root.
5. Wait for the rooting process to finish and wait for the success message to appear.
6. Check if Kingo Root and SuperUser apps are successfully installed.
7. Verify if the rooting process is successful by using a root checker app from Playstore.
How to Replace/Change SuperUser app to SuperSu
1. Download Replace KingoRoot with SuperUser246.zip from the link above and extract files to root of phone storage( /sdcard0/ ) .
2. Download Terminal Emulator from Google Play Store.
3. Run Terminal Emulator and type in the ff italic words:
Grant SuperUser access
4. SuperSU will open, click Continue then Normal then grant it SuperUser permission.
5. Installation will fail, click OK
6. Open SuperUser app, then click options(three vertical dots)
7. You will be asked to update su binary, click Update.
8. SuperUser will automatically be removed, open SuperSU again and do the same steps(see step 4)
9. This time, SuperSU su binary installation will succeed.
Enjoy your rooted Kata i3s with SuperSU!
Thanks to darkmega09 of Symbianize for the tutorial and files.
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root Cherry Mobile Flare XL Plus - April 30, 2017
- 5 Best Android Smartphones Below 5K Php Today (Mid 2017) - April 30, 2017
- Look! Asus ZenFone Zoom 128GB now only 10,999.00 at Lazada! - April 28, 2017