The Samsung Galaxy J2 was launched last September 2015. Measuring 136.5 x 69 x 8.4 mm and weighing 129 grams, the Samsung Galaxy J2 features a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display, with a resolution of 540×960 pixels (qHD). It is is powered by 1.3GHz quad-core Exynos 3475 processor and it comes with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Samsung Galaxy J2 is equipped with a 5-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
You may also read: Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU Hang on Logo Solution
How to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 J200GU version 5.1.1
Before we proceed to the rooting process, we need to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery called TWRP. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Rooting your Samsung Galaxy J2 will open your device to customization and performance tweaks. While rooting Android is a safe process, it will void all the manufacturer’s warranties. Do it at your own risk!
You may also like: How to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 DTV SM-J200BT
1. Go to your phone’s Setting>About phone and tap in build number 7 times to reveal the developer options.
2. Enable USB Debugging by going to Setting>Developer Option>USB Debugging
3. Under the Developer Options, enable the OEM Unlock.
4. Download all the files from the link below.
5. Extract the Samsung Galaxy driver zip file then install the driver to your PC.
6. Turn off your device. While the phone is off, hold Volume Down + Home + Power to boot into Download Mode.
7. Extract the Odin3_v3.10.6.zip. Look for the Odin3_v3.10.6.exe and run it.
8. Connect your device using a data cable. Once the device is detected by Odin, click on the button “AP” and select the file twrp-184.108.40.206-j2lte.img.tar.
9. Click on the “Start” button in Odin to start Flashing
How to Root
1. Copy “BETA-SuperSU-v2.66-20160103015024.zip” to the root of external sd card [outside any folder].
2. Turn off phone and boot into “Recovery Mode”(while phone is off, hold “Volume up + Home + Power” then release all when you see “samsung galaxy j2”)
3. In recovery mode press “Install” and select “BETA-SuperSU-v2.66-20160103015024.zip”
4. Swipe right to confirm.
5. Reboot your device then voila! You successfully rooted you Samsung Galaxy J2.
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root RePad 8 / FNF iFive Mini 4S - May 5, 2017
- Easy Steps to Root TCL P561U Successfully - May 5, 2017
- Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini 2016 SM-J105B - May 4, 2017