The Asus Zenfone 5 LTE A500KL is very much the same as the older Zenfone 5 (A500CG) but there’s some major differences. The A500KL is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor. They ditched the Intel processor of the A500CG for the Qualcomm 8926 modem that offers LTE connectivity. The device also features a 5-inch IPS HD screen with 1280 x 720 resolution protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 and supports GloveTouch input. Like its older sibling, the A500KL uses an 8-megapixel f/2.0 PixelMaster® main camera, a unique Asus-developed technology that combines software, hardware and optical design to deliver incredible image quality.
The Asus Zenfone 5 A500KL has more internal memory capacity unlike the A500CG. A 16 GB intenal ROM is provided and can be expanded up to 64 GB via microSD slot. There is only 1 slot for a micro-SIM that supports 3G and FDD/TDD LTE connectivity. The device runs on the same 2110 mAh battery and comes with a ZenUI skin on top of Android 4.4 Kitkat.
Why root Zenfone 5 LTE A500KL
With root access, you can remove all the bloatwares that comes with the device, install custom ROMs, do CPU tweaks to increase performance and improve battery life.
How to Root Zenfone 5 LTE A500KL
Rooting your device voids all the manufacturer’s warranty. Do it at your own risk. I’m not responsible for any damaged device or loss of important data while doing this process. Please read our disclaimer policy for more information.
1. Download the file below to the root of your storage.
2. Install the downloaded APK file to your device.
3. Turn off mobile data and WiFi / set the phone to airplane mode.
4. Launch RootZenfone application.
5. Click “Root” , wait for 10 seconds then turn off the device.
6. Turn on the phone again and wait until the boot up is complete.
You just have root Asus Zenfone 5 LTE A500KL with the easiest way possible! Cheers!
This exploit also supports rooting of the following devices:
- ZenFone 6 (T00G / Z002)
- PadFone S (T00N)
- MeMO Pad 7 ME176C / ME176CX (K013)
- MeMO Pad 7 ME70C (K01A)
- Fonepad Note 6 ME560CG (K00G) v188.8.131.52 (factory reset before rooting)
- Fonepad 7 FE375CG (K019)
Credits to Shakahuang for the rooting file.
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root RePad 8 / FNF iFive Mini 4S - May 5, 2017
- Easy Steps to Root TCL P561U Successfully - May 5, 2017
- Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini 2016 SM-J105B - May 4, 2017