Launched together with its little brothers Zenfone 4 and 5, the Asus Zenfone 6 is the biggest among them with 166.9 x 84.3 x 9.9mm dimension. Also known as A600CG , the Zenfone 6 is powered by a 1.6 Ghz dual core Intel Atom Z2560 processor with HyperThreading Technology, PowerVR SGX544 MP2 GPU and a 2GB Random Access Memory. With these hardware, it can easily reach the 23,000 Antutu benchmark score and give users the best gaming experience.
It brags a 6-inch IPS 1280 x 720 with 247 ppi density display made with the scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The Asus Zenfone 6’s shooter is a 13-megapixel f/2.0 PixelMaster® camera, a unique Asus-developed technology that combines software, hardware and optical design to deliver incredible image quality. Internal storage capacity is at 16 GB and supports SD expansion up to 64 GB.
The powerhouse is a large, non-removable 3,300 mAh Lithium-based battery. With Ultra-saving mode, it can do a continuous video playback for almost 9 hours. it is really very impressive.
The Asus Zenfone 6 runs on the ZenUI on top of Android 4.3 Jellybean out if the box and can be upgraded to Kitkat via OTA. It also supports dual-SIM standby and 3G/HSPA+ connectivity .
If you failed to update your Asus Zenfone 6 using FOTA ( Firmware Over the Air) updates, try this tutorial on how to update it manually.
How to Update Zenfone 6 to Kitkat Manually
If you have done modifications on your Zenfone 6’s firmware, please get back to the original before doing this. Do it at your own risk! I’m not responsible for any loss of data or a bricked phone when anything goes wrong. Please read our disclaimer policy for more information.
Follow the procedure carefully. We will update Zenfone 6 to Kitkat 4.4.2 manually.
1. Download all the files below according to your firmware version.
2. Install the Intel USB driver to your Windows computer.
3. Extract ADB Platform Tools to a folder on your computer.
4. Rename the Zenfone 6 recovery that you have downloaded earlier and rename it to file.img then copy it to the ADB folder.
5. Extract the Zenfone 6 Kitkat firmware from the Asus site and rename it to file.zip then copy the file to the ADB folder.
6. Enable the USB debugging option. Go to Settings> About> Software Information> and tap the build number 7 times to reveal the developer option.
7.Connect your phone to the computer using a compatible data cable.
8. Open ADB folder and Open Command Prompt ( Shift+right click> Open command here )
9. Type the following: adb reboot bootloader
10. If the reboot is successful, enter fastboot and type: fastboot flash recovery file.img
11. Go to ADB, choose Recovery, when the Android robot appears, press volume up/volume down and choose update from ADB.
12. Type the following: adb sideload file.zip and wait until flashing is complete.
13. Wipe cache and data. ( Turn off the phone and boot to recovery, choose wipe data and wipe cache partition)
14. Reboot your phone
You now have a Zenfone 6 upgraded to Kitkat! Cheers!
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root RePad 8 / FNF iFive Mini 4S - May 5, 2017
- Easy Steps to Root TCL P561U Successfully - May 5, 2017
- Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini 2016 SM-J105B - May 4, 2017