The Firmware Finder is an Android application developed by gmanrainy of Team MT. It is specially designed to find the latest firmware for Huawei devices. You can download the latest firmware even before they are released officially.
How does it work?
Firmware Finder will automatically find the right firmware for your Huawei device. The application only supports EMUI 4 and below. Since Huawei Mate 9 runs on EMUI 5 out of the box, we can make it work by installing the update via proxy.
How to Use Firmware Finder on Huawei Mate 9
Let’s start by downloading the application from the Google Play Store. You can follow the link below to install the app on your Huawei Mate 9. Please follow all the instructions carefully. Just a reminder, this method needs a good internet connection and at least 50% battery charge. We are not responsible for any problems that may arise while using this tutorial. Do it at your own risk!
- Launch the Firmware Finder app on your Huawei Mate 9.
- Press the button on the lower right side of the app interface to view the available firmware.
- Go to the Firmware Finder settings. You can find it by pressing the three horizontal lines at the upper left corner of the app interface.
- Activate the “Use proxy for install” option. It will now download an additional app called the Firmware Finder Proxy App. Install it on your device.
- Now go the phone Settings>Wifi> then long press the Wifi SSID where you are connected. Click Modify Network> Show advanced options then set proxy to manual.
- On the proxy settings, enter the following and save:
- Proxy hostname: localhost
- Proxy port: 8080
- Bypass proxy for: localhost
You can now go back to the software updater to check if there is an available firmware for installation. To check if the firmware can be installed, click the one you prefer. On the options, click “Check Firmware Access”. If it says “not authorized”, you cannot install the firmware on your Huawei Mate 9.