The Asus Fonepad 7, also known as FE170CG is a tablet and a phone rolled into one. Unlike the Fonepad 7 that had been released earlier, Asus not only trimmed down the specs of the FE170CG but also the price has been greatly shaved off. If you have a specific budget for a tablet with phone features, you have found a great deal with this one. For just a price of $133 or about 6,000 Php, you’ll get a tablet with decent specifications, great design and a fresh software experience brought by the new Asus ZenUI.
Under the hood, the Asus Fonepad 7 FE170CG is driven by a 1.2GHz Intel Atom Z2520 dual-core CPU and PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU coupled with 1 GB of memory. The internal storage has 4 GB capacity but supports micro SD expansion up to 64 GB. The FE170CG supports dual sim (dual standby), GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 and HSPA+ connectivity. The powerhouse is a large 3,950 mAh battery, enough juice to propel the device for hours of usage on 3G. The device runs on ZenUI based on Android 4.3 Jellybean but upgradable to Kitkat. The major drawback of the FE170CG is the low-resolution 7.0-inch WSVGA (1024 x 600) LCD screen, the 2.0 MP rear shooter and the 0.3 MP front facing camera but with a price tag like that, I’m sure you can live with it.
Why root the Asus Fonepad 7 FE170CG?
Rooting your Android powered device gives you freedom. With rooting, you can say that you truly own your device. You can flash a custom ROM, flash a custom kernel, perform tweaks and remove those pre-installed bloatwares. It is also easy to have a full ROM backup, unlock hidden features and boost your phone’s speed and battery life.
How to Root Asus Fonepad 7 FE170CG
Rooting your phone may void all your warranties. I’m not responsible for any damages or loss of data from the use of this tutorial. Do it at your own risk!
Follow the instructions carefully.
1. Download the necessary files below.
2. Activate the USB debugging of your phone by going to the Settings>About> scroll to the bottom and find Software information then tap it 7 times. It will reveal the developer option. Go to it then tick the USB debugging box.
3. Connect your device to the Windows computer using a compatible USB cable. Go to your device and click “Always allow this computer”.
4. Go to the folder where you have downloaded the RootGenius file and run it as administrator. (If using Windows 7 and above)
5. Start your Windows Task Manager by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL simultaneously. When you are already in the task manager window, go to the processed tab and find shuame_helper.exe, right click on it and click find location.
6. You’ll find yourself in the RootGenius folder (User>AppData>Local>Temp>RootGenius). Find the Supersuser file folder and delete all the contents. Extract the contents of SuperuserMOD.zip that you’ve downloaded earlier into the Superuser folder.
7. Go to the running RootGenius program and press root button.
8. Wait until the rooting process is completed.
9. After the rooting is finished, install the Superuser.APK from the download link above. Restart your device after the installation.
10. Download Root Checker at Playstore to confirm if the rooting process is successful.
There you go! You now have rooted Asus Fonepad 7 FE170CG using a Windows PC. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root RePad 8 / FNF iFive Mini 4S - May 5, 2017
- Easy Steps to Root TCL P561U Successfully - May 5, 2017
- Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini 2016 SM-J105B - May 4, 2017