A few months ago, Asus announced its line of mid-end smartphones with decent specification but carrying a very low priced tags. One of these is the Asus Zenfone 5. When it was launched here in the Philippines, it came with a very aggressive pricing. You can buy the 8GB for 6,495 Php and just 6995 for the 16GB version. With its price-to-performance ratio, it is definitely a steal.
The Asus Zenfone 5 is powered by a 1.6Ghz dual core Intel Atom Z2560 processor coupled with 2GB Random Access Memory. It can easily handle multiple tasks and give an immersive gaming experience. It features two SIM card slots to let you use two SIMs in a single device. It is equipped with a 5 inch high resolution 1280x720p IPS display with Gorilla Glass protection commonly found in high-end devices. The Asus Zenfone 5 shooter is an 8-megapixel f/2.0 PixelMaster® camera, a unique Asus-developed technology that combines software, hardware and optical design to deliver incredible image quality. The only negative aspect is that the 2110 mAh battery is non-removable but with the advent of cheap powerbanks nowadays, this fault is almost passable.
How To Root Asus Zenfone 5
Rooting means you are getting the superuser capability on your smartphone running the Android operating system. Once you have root access on your device, you will now be able to:
- Remove all the bloatware that comes with your Zenfone 5 out of the box.
- Increased your battery life and free up some RAM by Greenifying autorun apps.
- Customized your device the way you want it to be using different third-party apps requiring root access.
Disclaimer : Rooting and tweaking your Zenfone 5’s firmware may void your warranty. While rooting is safe, I will not be liable for any damages that may occur with the process. Do this at your own risk.
What you need:
- A compatible usb data cable
- Computer or laptop
Steps to root Asus Zenfone 5 the easiest way:
1. Download Zenfone Root installer using your PC or phone. Download link below.
[symple_button url=”http://www.mediafire.com/download/wkeqop2nn9uut4r/RootZenFone-1.4.6r.apk” color=”blue” size=”medium” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”nofollow” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download[/symple_button]
2. Transfer the apk file to your device using Bluetooth® or using the compatible USB data cable.
3. On your device, go to Menu> Settings> Security and enable the “Unknown Sources” option.
4. Using any file manager, locate the apk file in your directory and tap to start installing.
5. Launch the app when the installation is completed and select Supersu ( by Chainfire).
6. Click “Ok I know, please root” option
7. Sit back and relax because it is already done!
You can now enjoy installing different apps from Googleplay and other sources requiring root access. There are tons of them out there!
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root Cherry Mobile Flare XL Plus - April 30, 2017
- 5 Best Android Smartphones Below 5K Php Today (Mid 2017) - April 30, 2017
- Look! Asus ZenFone Zoom 128GB now only 10,999.00 at Lazada! - April 28, 2017