Today, we will try to root RePad 8 or FNF iFive Mini 4S using a tutorial I found from XDA Forums. Thank you to UnknownDK for the tutorial and CrewRKTablets who made the rooting tools and recoveries.
The FNF iFive Mini 4S is a Chinese tablet known in the US as the RePad 8. It features a fully-laminated 7.9-inch IPS panel with sharp 2048 x 1536 resolution in a full metal 6.9mm thin body. Please see the full specifications below:
|Operating System||Android 6.0 Lollipop|
|Display||7.9 inch IPS 10-points Capacitive Screen with 2048 x 1536 Resolution|
|Processor||RK3288 Quad Core 1.8GHz|
|RAM||2 GB RAM|
|Internal Storage||32GB ROM expandable up to 128 GB|
|Camera||8.0 MP Rear / 2.0 MP Front|
|Connectivity||TF card slot|
Micro USB Slot
|Battery||4.35V / 4800mAh Lithium Polymer battery|
|Media Formats||Picture format: BMP,GIF,JPEG,JPG,PNG|
Music format: AAC,ACC,FLAC,MP3,OGG,WMA
Video format: H.263,H.264,MP4,MPEG2,MPEG4
E-book format: TXT,Word
|Dimensions||19.80 x 13.30 x 0.70 cm / 7.8 x 5.24 x 0.28 inches|
This guide is for educational purposes only. We are not responsible for any loss of data or damages while using this tutorial. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Rooting may void all the device’s warranties. Please proceed with caution and do it at your own risk!
The rooting method needs a Windows computer, USB cable and the rooting files. You can download the files from the link below.
Easy Steps to Root RePad 8
Please follow the instructions carefully.
According to the original author of this tutorial, the tool can also install TWRP but the touch part does not work. Since TWRP is a touch-based system, installing it is pretty useless. This is why we are going to use ClockworkMod.
- Download the RePad 8 Tools and extract the file archive to a folder on the desktop for easy retrieval.
- Go to the RKDriverInstaller folder and run Driverinstall.exe as administrator.
- Select Uninstall Drivers first and then click Install Drivers.
- After installing the drivers, go to the RKAndroidTool folder and run AndroidTool.exe as admin.
- Turn off your tablet then connect the device to the computer. Boot it on in flash mode by pressing/holding volume down + power buttons simultaneously.
- When the tool recognized the tablet, you’ll see the phrase Found One Loader Device
- Check the number 12 box as shown below then press Run. Your tablet should reboot now.
- Download SuperSu zip file from the link above then copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Disconnect your tablet from the computer then turn it off.
- Boot your device into recovery by pressing and holding Volume up and Power buttons at the same time until the device turns on.
- On the CWM interface, navigate to install zip with the volume rocker buttons. Select it by pressing the power button once.
- Select Choose zip from /Sdcard then find the SuperSu zip file that you’ve copied earlier.
- Confirm the installation by selecting Yes.
- After the successful installation, reboot the device. If CWM asks if it should repair SuperSu select No.
Congratulations! Your device is now rooted. Please like us on Facebook or share this post if we were able to solve your rooting problems. Thank you and enjoy your rooted device.