Today, we will discuss the way on how to root Samsung Galaxy C7 Duos SM-C7000 using the most effective way possible. But before we go down to the business, let me tell you the specifications and other details.
The Samsung Galaxy C7 Duos SM-C7000 Android smartphone was launched last year. The device is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953 processor partnered with 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB of internal storage expandable up to 256 GB using the SIM2 slot.
The Samsung Galaxy C7 runs on Android OS v6.0.1 (Marshmallow) out of the box. It comes with a Li-Ion 3300 mAh, a non-removable battery designed for longer usage time. Users can enjoy vivid colors and blacker blacks from its 5.7 inches display with Super AMOLED technology. This capacitive touchscreen display has a 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution with 386 PPI pixel density.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy C7 SM-C7000
This guide on rooting Samsung Galaxy C7 will work for devices with Android Marshmallow v6.0.1 only. Please backup all files as this method will erase the data from your device. Rooting also voids all the manufacturer’s warranties. Do it at your own risk!
A Windows PC is needed for this rooting method. Make sure you have 50% or more battery charge. Please follow all the procedures carefully.
Here are the needed files. Download them from the links below. Just follow on-screen instructions when installing drivers.
- Download the SM-C7000 Root zip file. Extract the .tar file to your PC and transfer the Superuser APK file to your smartphone.
- Download Odin3 zip and extract the contents to a folder, preferably on the desktop for easy retrieval.
- Install the Samsung USB drivers to your PC. Download the executable file from the link above.
- Do a factory reset to unlock FRP lock.
- Download and install CROM Service APK file to your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy C7. Go to Settings>About Phone then tap the build number 7 times to reveal the Developer option. Go to the developer option then activate USB Debugging.
- Enable OEM Unlock from the Developer options.
- Launch the Odin3 application on your PC.
- Boot your device into Download Mode:
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy C7.
- Press and hold volume down+home and power buttons simultaneously.
- Wait for it to reboot in download mode. Press Volume Up to continue to Download Mode
- On the ODIN program, you should see a yellow ID:COM box with a random number in it. If for some reason you don’t see it, make sure your Samsung USB drivers are installed correctly and unplug your device, then plug it back into your computer.
- Without changing any other settings, click on PDA under Files [Download] and find the C7000ZHUxxx(javad0644).tar. file. Select it and click on Start. From here, ODIN will flash the root file to your Samsung Galaxy C7 Duos. If it’s successful, a green “PASS!” box will appear.
- After the phone reboots, find the SuperSU APK file and install it. Open SuperSu app and click on New User.
- If rooting is not successful, uninstall the SuperSu app on your phone then reflash the root file then reinstall the SuperSu APK again.
Congratulations! You are successful in rooting Samsung Galaxy C7 SM-C7000!
Credits to javad0644 of XDA-Developers.