Check this tutorial on how to root Starmobile Play Max without PC. But before we go down to business, let’s check its specifications first.
Announced last August 2016, the Starmobile Play Max is one of the devices released by the local brand to cater to the budget-conscious masses. Under the hood, the device is run by a 1.3GHz Spreadtrum SC7731G quad-core CPU coupled with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB ROM expandable up to 32 GB. The Play Max features a 5-inch HD IPS display capable of 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Starmobile Play max can shoot decent pictures with its 8-megapixel main shooter and a 5-megapixel front camera. Both are equipped with LED flash.
With a 4000 mAh Li-Ion battery, Play Max does not disappoint — its battery life is astounding. It’s one of the longest-lasting devices released by Starmobile.
The Starmobile Play Max is powered by Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
How to Root Starmobile Play Max
This method will permanently root your device. Rooting also voids all the warranties. To eliminate any loss of data, please backup all the important files before proceeding. Do it at your own risk!
Download all the required files from the links below. Please follow the instructions carefully.
Root Starmobile Play Max without PC Guide
This guide requires fast internet connection. Do not use mobile data. Connect to WIFI or Hotspot.
- Download Flashify from the link above to install it to your device. Do not launch the app.
- Download TWRP and the SuperSu files to the root of your SD card (outside any folder).
- Download and install Kingroot. Launch Kingroot from the app drawer then tap Try to Root.
- If rooting is successful, open Flashify app and grant permission by pressing Allow.
- On the Flashify interface, click Flash>Recovery Image>Choose File then select the recovery.img and flash it.
- Reboot to recovery by pressing and holding Power Key, Volume+, and Home button at the same time until you enter theRecovery Mode.
- Install SuperSu zip file using the TWRP interface then reboot the Play Max.
- Download X-plore from Play Store. Launch the app then open Device/Root> Sytem>bin. Find the “rild” file and delete it. Reboot your device.
That’s it, you’re successful in rooting Starmobile Play Max without PC. To confirm root access, download any root checker app from Play Store and verify.