Many Samsung users do not know how to install firmware to their devices. That’s why if they encounter problems like bootloop, hang on logo or softbrick, they resort to service centers. This tutorial will guide you on the Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU hang on logo solution. Just make sure the device is detected by your PC. It is also applicable for any softbricked or bootlooped devices caused by ROM flashing failures.
Stuck on logo and bootloop are results of system files not knowing how to function during the initial start-up phase and can be caused by a variety of things, from downloading new apps to accidentally changing system files. Your device keeps rebooting into the recovery mode instead of the normal mode that it is supposed to boot into. It is one of the common problems Android users face on their devices.
You may also like: How to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 J200GU 5.1.1
Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU Hang on Logo Solution
Make sure you have at least 50% battery charge on your device, a Windows PC and a working USB cable. Do it at your own risk!
1. Download all the files from the links below.
2. Extract the contents of the firmware archive then save the files on your PC.
3. Extract the Odin zip file and save the contents to your PC.
4. Install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to allow your smartphone to be detected by the PC and Odin to successfully flash the new firmware.
5, Power off your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU device.
6. Run Odin3 v3.11.1.exe on your PC.
7. Boot your device into Download Mode:
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold volume down+home and power buttons simultaneously.
- Wait for it to reboot in download mode. Press Volume Up to continue to Download Mode
9. Go to Odin interface the check the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options. Leave the re-partition option unchecked. I repeat do not tick the re-partition option!
10. Click on AP/PDA option in order to locate and load the firmware updating file. Find .tar.md5 firmware file and load it in Odin. Please don’t edit other default Odin settings.
11. Click on START to begin the updating process of Android 5.1.1 for your smartphone. Wait until the update is done. This will take some time.
12. When the update is finished, you can see the PASS alert shown in Odin. Once completed, your phone will reboot.
Congratulations! You have your Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200GU hang on logo solution!
Latest posts by Alden Roi (see all)
- How to Root RePad 8 / FNF iFive Mini 4S - May 5, 2017
- Easy Steps to Root TCL P561U Successfully - May 5, 2017
- Install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy J1 Mini 2016 SM-J105B - May 4, 2017